The SD card
Here you have two options: either you download our pre-made Raspbian SD card with everything you need, or you install the software as under the Software intro! IF the latter, skip on to Software. If the former, read on, but skip Software. Makes sense?
- Ok, so you’ve chosen to use our pre-made vinyl record player! Haven’t downloaded it? Do so here!.
- Once that’s done, plug your SD card in to your computer. If you’re on a Mac, read on. If you’re on a PC, follow this guide instead, and then come back here! If you've got Linux, you probably don't need this guide ;)
- Open Terminal (CMD + spacebar & type Terminal)
- Identify the disk (not partition) of your SD card e.g. disk4, not disk4s1.
- Unmount your SD card by using the disk identifier, to prepare it for copying data:
diskutil unmountDisk /dev/disk<disk# from diskutil>
- Burn the image to the SD card:
where image.img is the path to your file, for example
sudo dd bs=1m if=image.img of=/dev/rdisk<disk# from diskutil>
sudo dd bs=1m if=/Users/Marten/Downloads/image.img of=/dev/rdisk3
- Great, that's it! Now pull your SD card from your computer